Preparations / Before your consulation
It is important that you familiarize yourself with the technology well in advance of the first video consultation. We recommend using your mobile or tablet if you have the opportunity. It is important that you download the "Skype for Business" app well in advance of the video consultation and familiarize yourself with how it is used.
If you are using a laptop, than you do not need to download “Skype for Business” in advance.
Regardless of whether you are using a mobile, tablet, or laptop, we recommend that you carefully read all the information herein (i.e., download/installation and how to connect with the device(s) you want to use).
One final tip is to make sure that the unit is plugged-in (preferably with a full battery) and that you are sitting in a quiet room with good lighting.
How to prepare a mobile / tablet for a video consultation?
iPhone / iPad
- Go to the "App Store".
- Push “search” (at the bottom right of the screen).
- Write “SKYPE FOR BUSINESS” in the search box.
- Push on the "Skype for Business" app, tap “download”
- After installation, open the "Skype for Business" app. You need to answer yes (allow / OK) to questions about giving the app access to camera, microphone, contacts etc.
- Don't sign in - close the app.
- Visit the "Play Store" on your mobile phone.
- Type “SKYPE FOR BUSINESS” in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Tap INSTALL on the "Skype for business" app.
- After installation, open the "Skype for business" app. You need to answer yes (allow / OK) to questions about giving the app access to camera, microphone, contacts etc.
- Don't sign in - close the app.
Testing video consultation via mobile / tablet
After installing the app on your mobile or tablet, you should test the connection. In the email invitation you received from the hospital, there is a link to the upcoming video consultation.
- Click on the link "Click HERE to join video consultation"
- Click "Join as Guest".
- Enter your name and press the big blue arrow.
- You will now come to the virtual lobby (waiting room) for the video consultation. The test is successful and you can end the test by pressing cancel.
How to prepare a laptop for a video consultation?
If you do not have Skype for Business installed on your PC, you will need to install an "add-on" to run the video consultation in your PC's browser.
In the email invitation you received from the hospital, there is a link to the upcoming video consultation.
Step by step: how to prepare your laptop
Click on the link «Trykk HER for å bli med i videokonsultasjon».
Choose to «Installere og bli med ved hjelp av nettappen for Skype-møte».|
|When the download starts, select "Kjør" to install the browser add-on.|
|After installation: Press "Ja" to join the meeting.|
Enter your name and hit "Bli med".
|You may find that you receive a security warning when you press "Bli med". If so, you must choose "Tillat tilgang".|
After pressing "Bli med" (optionally "Tillat tilgang"), you enter the waiting room for the video consultation.
You are now done with PC setup and may close the current PC window (press X in the upper right corner).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I use a Chromebook for video consultation?
Currently, the Android version of the Skype for Business app does not provide 100% functionality on the Chromebook's operating system (ChromeOS). It is expected that there will be a separate version of the ChromeOS app, but until that happens, the Chromebook cannot be used for video consultation with Skype for Business.
Does it cost anything to download to download or use the "Skype for Business" app?
It is free to both download and use this app. If you use mobile network (4G), your data traffic will be charged to your subscription in the usual way. We recommend that you use WIFI if possible.
I can't download the app to my mobile.
Make sure you are connected to WIFI and that you have logged into your account in the App Store / Google Play.
I can't get the app started in Android
Some mobiles have security settings that prevent you from starting Skype for business. Try to look for messages you need to respond to on screen.
I can't get video enabled
Go to settings / settings on your mobile, find Skype for business in the list. Touch it and check if you have granted camera access for the app.
I do not get sound activated
Go to settings / settings on your mobile, find Skype for business in the list. Tap it and check if you have provided microphone access for the app.
Which username / password should I use to sign in to the Skype for Business app from mobile / tablet?
not select the "Sign in" option in Skype for Business, but "Join as Guest". Then you do not need a username / password, just enter your name and then press the blue arrow to connect.
I have clicked on "Join as Guest" and there is a screen that says "Good luck with the meeting", but the blue circle is just spinning. What should I do?
Tips: If this screen has been spinning for more than 30 seconds, press "Cancel" and then select "Join as Guest" again. If you are connected to a cellular network (4G), you may not have enough data available. Solution: connect to Wifi.
How should I start the video consultation?
To start the video consultation, click on the link "Click HERE to join the video consultation" which is in the notice we send you by e-mail. But before you do this, it is important that you read and follow the download / installation guide and how to connect with the device you want to use.
I can't find the invitation/notice from the hospital in my email.
Here are our three tips:
- If you clicked "Approve" on the notice, the notice may have been moved to your calendar. Check on the current date in the calendar.
- Also, if you can't find the appointment in the calendar, try searching for the invitation in the email. Search i.e., on keywords video.
- If you still cannot find the notice, contact the relevant department of the hospital so that we can send you the invitation/notice again.
I don't hear the health personalTurn up the sound on your phone. Volume keys are most often on the side of the phone. Also, make sure that you have not disabled audio in the app. Speaker icon.
The camera does not show meYou have probably activated the main camera on your phone. Touch a space on the screen and select the camera icon in the upper right to change the camera you are viewing.
I am connected to WIFI but cannot get the camera activatedYou are likely connected to a public network with security settings that will unfortunately not allow you to use video.
Trouble with app download, connection or other technical questions related to video consultations? Contact 475 19 609 (technical questions only!).